The original hall was built in 1851 as the Mountain Rose Lodge of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. After being destroyed by the fire of 1853, it was rebuilt and has become an historic landmark. It survived the devastating fire of 1859 that consumed almost all of Rough and Ready and later became the local Hall for Grange #795.
The hall is now owned and maintained as the Rough and Ready Community Hall and is the "Town Hall" center for dances, parties, receptions, meetings and community events.
PHOTO ABOVE: Grange Hall (1948)
PHOTO RIGHT: Community Hall today.
Rough and Ready Chamber of Commerce l P.O. Box 801 l Rough and Ready, California 95975 l Telephone (530) 797-6729
The Great Republic of Rough and Ready
The Old Grange Hall